Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bernacki-Introduction

I am a senior in the Special Education-Learning Disabilities program. Two of my placements have been in a resource room, including the one this semeseter, and the main focus of both rooms is literacy. For this reason I am very interested in finding diverse literature that will accurately represent many cultures and types of people. I am especially looking forward to finding literature that deals with students with disabilities since that is the field I will be working in.

Some questions that I would like to explore throughout this course are:
How do you know if a piece of literature is aunthetic?
Is work done by someone outside of the group/culture that is being represented within the piece still authentic?
How can you go about addressing issues within literature without coming off as stereotypical or judegemental?

No comments: